Directions & Transfers
Directions from Johannesburg or Pretoria
- From Johannesburg take the N4 to Nelspruit. Once in Nelspruit, carry on towards White River, then take the R40 Main Road to Hazyview.
- Once in Hazyview, along the main road at the traffic lights, turn right and take the R536 to Paul Kruger Gate.
- Approximately 35km along this road, and just after the Saringwa River, look out for signs indicating the Newington Gate and signs indicating “Huntington, Lilydale & Justicia” on the left hand side of the road.
- Newington Gate accesses the Sabi Sands so follow these signs.
- Turn left here and follow this road for ± 9km. You will come to a cross roads, turn right onto gravel road. After about 1.8 km you will be at a T-junction, turn left. Another 0.5 km further turn left again and this road leads to Newington Gate.
- 1km further you’ll find the Newington Gate where you will be required to pay a R280.00 per light vehicle, as well as R120 per person entrance fee (applicable fee payable per passenger entering the reserve via motor vehicle). These prices are subject to change.
- Once through the gate, turn left.
- Follow the signs to Leopard Hills.
Driving Distance from Johannesburg to Leopard Hills ± 6 hours (± 500 km).
Driving Distrance fromNelspruit to Leopard Hills ± 2 hours (± 150 km)
For further directions/emergencies, please contact: +27 (0)13 735 5142 or +27 (0)11 326 0739.
Seasons in Africa Transfers & Excursions offers reliable and professional transfers and tailor-made day excursions throughout the Kruger, Mpumalanga and Limpopo in the comfort of our air-conditioned vehicles.
All major airports, game lodges and hotels are easily accessible with vehicles based in White River, Hoedspruit, Nelspruit and Hazyview. Our air-conditioned vehicles, driven by experienced and knowledgeable guides include transport permits and are covered by comprehensive passenger liability insurance to ensure your comfort and safety. Chilled bottled mineral water is provided on all transfers and tours.
Private transfers to and from all regional airports (including Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport in Nelspruit, Eastgate Airport in Hoedspruit, Kruger National Park Gateway Airport in Phalaborwa and O.R.T. International Airport in Johannesburg) to any destination within the Lowveld/Kruger Region.
- Baggage Transfers
- Inter-lodge & Hotel Transfers
- Meet & Greet Services
Seasons in Africa Transfers & Excursions also offer half- and full-day excursions in the area, so should you have the time, enjoy an excursion, such as the Hoedspruit Cheetah Breeding Centre or and elephant interaction at Elephant Whispers either on your way to or from Leopard Hills.
Please note we require a 25% deposit in order to secure a ground or air transfer.
- Daily scheduled flights from O.R.Tambo International Airport to Leopard Hills with Federal Airlines.
- Daily transfers from Johannesburg, Kruger Mpumalanga International & Hoedspruit Airports.
- Transfers from any lodges in the Sabi Sands.
- Private charters are available on request.
- Helicopter flights to the Blyde River Canyon and Gods Window can be arranged on request.
BY PRIVATE AIRCRAFT
ULUSABA LANDING STRIP
Co-Ordinates: S -24° 47‘ 20.688“ E 31° 21‘ 21.1392“
Length: 1350 meters
Width: 18 meters
Elevation: 1300 feet
Landing Fees: Contact the Lodge
Transfers from the strip to the Lodge take 5 minutes.
LEOPARD HILLS HELIPAD
Co-Ordinates: S -24° 47‘ 18.76“ E 31° 21‘ 25.07“